The department was initiated in the year 2000 evolving from the then carpentry & joinery section.
It has since grown both in terms of infrastructure, equipment and staff to the current level where it boast of having modern workshops and laboratories in land survey, concrete works, soil investigations and carpentry works.
The department offers the following programmes on a scheduled and flexible terms.
- DIPLOMA IN CIVIL ENGINEERING
- DIPLOMA IN BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
- DIPLOMA IN QUANTITY SURVEYING
- DIPLOMA IN WATER TECHNOLOGY
- CERTIFICATE IN BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
- CERTIFICATE IN LAND SURVEY
- CERTIFICATE IN ROADS CONSTRUCTION
- CERTIFICATE IN PLUMBING
- ARTISAN IN BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
- ARTISAN IN PLUMBING
It has a well established work force with many years of experience which has led to posting of good results in all areas of examination.
The department has a population of 800 students